The light from the stained glass window of St Marys Church Wirksworth, falls on to the brass lectern below
And the the beautiful tiled floor
St Mary’s Church was restored by George Gilbert Scott in 1870-6. He added a Campbell Brick & Tile Co encaustic tile pavement in the choir with designs, derived from local medieval examples…
There has been a church on this site since Saxon times, more about the church tomorrow.
Part of a series of post from the town of Wirksworth in Derbyshire,