Sadly, this list comes as no surprise,
TOP 10 DANGEROUS ROADS
· A537 Macclesfield to Buxton – Cheshire/Derbyshire
· A5012 Pikehall to Matlock – Derbyshire
· A621 Baslow to Totley – Derbyshire/South Yorkshire
· A625 Calver to Sheffield – South Yorkshire
· A54 Congleton to Buxton – Derbyshire
· A581 Rufford to Chorley – Lancashire
· A5004 Whaley Bridge to Buxton – Derbyshire
· A675 Blackburn to Preston – Lancashire
· A61 Barnsley to Wakefield – South/West Yorkshire
· A285 Chichester to Petworth – West Sussex
Source: Road Safety Foundation
I’ve bloged about the topic before, its nothing new
The report said the A537 through the Peak District, known as the Cat and Fiddle, had severe bends, steep falls from the carriageway and was edged by dry-stone walls or rock face for almost all its length.
Stone walls, rock face, bends, steep falls; I struggle with why anyone would want to drive such roads fast, but I know they do.